Science is everywhere, if you want to know what a magical planet is, study it now
Hello everyone, I'm Liangliang
In this episode, I'm going to share 8 fun little science experiments with you!
1. Prepare an inverted glass, tear off a piece of toilet paper, put toilet paper on cup, soak it in water, put it in another glass, bottom of cup is opposite, rotate it several times, and then lift top glass, you will find that glass at bottom has been absorbed! Why is this! Because wet paper towel fills void, air cannot get in and cups will be attracted by pressure of surrounding air!
2. Prepare three beer bottles, fill bottles with water in turn, add a straw to last bottle and secure it with a rubber band, pour water in order, first water flows very slowly, it took 13 seconds to fill bottle with water, and second rotated bottle several times before how to pour water. The speed has been greatly improved, and it took 6 seconds! The third is a bottle with a straw, water in bottle ran out in just 3 seconds, why? After adding straw, air enters bottle and atmospheric pressure effect makes water flow very fast!
3. On rim of a red wine glass, place two forks supported by toothpicks so that forks don't fall off when toothpicks are lit. What is reason? Since an object's center of gravity can maintain a stable balance when it is directly below fulcrum, there is only a slight change after toothpick is burned, so it remains stable!
4. Fill balloon with water, then cover balloon with tape, pierce middle with a knife, balloon will not explode, but splatter! Why is this? Since it acts as a "reinforcement" after gluing, it does not tear, but is breathable!
5. Once you use a toothpick to support two forks, they will keep their balance when placed on top of another toothpick. Why? Since center of gravity of fork is directly below fulcrum, it maintains balance!
6. Prepare three paper cups, place them upside down in a triangle on table and use three disposable chopsticks to arrange them as in picture. Why does glass not collapse and can it be filled with water? Since three chopsticks intersect and overlap each other to form a strong triangular structure, this is a strong load-bearing surface!
7. Prepare a haystack, put it in sun and set it on fire with a plastic bag filled with water. The hay will burn. Why? This is focal length principle of a convex lens that collects the heat of sunlight and makes dry grass burn!
8. If you put a sheet of paper on top of two paper cups, water cups won't hold up, but when paper is folded, will water cups hold up? As thickness of paper increases exponentially, it can support a glass full of water!
Don't forget to subscribe and like, see you next time!
October 03, 2023
August 19, 2023
August 01, 2023
September 18, 2023