1. In past, people used frogs to test for pregnancy
Until 1960s, doctors used frogs as pregnancy tests. The female's urine is injected into an African clawed frog, and if frog ovulates within 12 hours, female is pregnant. The accuracy of this pregnancy testing method is very high, and it wasn't until scientists developed a more direct method of pregnancy testing that African clawed frogs' career in pregnancy testing came to an end.
2. To fly into space, enough to eat
If you drive your car towards the sky at 96 kilometers per hour, you can reach space in just one hour.
3. But you won't live long in space
People can live in space without protection for about 90 seconds, even if car windows are closed.
4. The speed of electricity is about 6,696,000 miles per hour
But this speed is only one percent of speed of light (the speed of light is about 300,000 kilometers per second)
5. Electric eels emit five times more voltage than your wall outlet
The electric eel can supply up to 600 volts of electricity to its prey or enemies, which is five times current drawn from conventional electrical plugs.
6. There is enough carbon in your body to make 900 pencils
In addition, your body has enough iron to make a 3-inch nail, enough potassium to set off a small firework, and enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
7. Your DNA is 50% similar to that of a banana
In addition, your DNA is 95% similar to that of a chimpanzee and 25% similar to that of rice. In a sense, you and banana are born from same substance.
8. Snakes are "real" predators
Even wolves and cats eat grass and other plants from time to time, only snakes eat animals.
9. Mammoth meat is edible
But this does not happen often, as most of surviving mammoth meat rots.
10. There will be "metal snow" on Venus
Moreover, surface of Venus is covered with metallic "snow mountains" containing lead sulfide and bismuth sulfide.
11. You don't remember being a child because you didn't know you were a child
Infants have no idea of themselves, which means they don't know anything about themselves or others. Their brains are not yet developed, they have not yet begun to remember, and they do not yet have language skills to describe what happened, so they cannot “remember” anything in an adult way.
12. The current generated by your brain is enough to light a light bulb
But this is only possible when sober
13. 33% of dinosaurs are fictional
This could be your favorite brontosaurus. Many baby dinosaurs were so different from their parents that they could be classified as separate species. In addition, Victorian explorers faked dinosaur discoveries for sake of reputation.
14. Space is delicious
If you have such doubts, answer is smell of barbecue, molten iron and gasoline.
15. Clouds are neither light nor soft
A cumulus cloud can weigh 80 elephants.
16. You were created by stars
In some way, almost every element of your body was created when star exploded.
17. The secret of eternal life is hidden in body of a jellyfish
In 1988, scientists discovered that jellyfish, called medusa, could rejuvenate itself. This inspired scientists to create new cells by cell division, like a lighthouse jellyfish.
1.84.5 billion years ago, a celestial body size of Mars collided with Earth, resulting in formation of Moon
That's why earth's axis is tilted today. Thus, today we have four seasons thanks to this celestial body that travels between stars.
19. Sound can kill
A sound of 160 decibels can cause deafness, and a sound of 200 decibels can rupture lungs. This decibel sound is three times louder than a smoke alarm.
August 08, 2023
July 26, 2023